DONALD S McGREGOR AND PARTNERS LTD: NEW GRADUATE VACANCY
We are looking for a new graduate keen to start their career in mixed practice with a friendly and supportive team of 17 vets in the Scottish Highlands. We are an independent, genuinely mixed practice (50:50 SA:LA) and the home of the popular TV series ‘The Highland Vet.’
A typical day starts with a cup of tea and a team meeting at 8:45am and when not on call you will normally be finished by 5:30pm. The shared out of hours rota is currently 1:4 with days off in lieu. New graduates can expect to be well supported by senior colleagues.
Our practices are well equipped, including:
- Farm animal – rectal scanners, hydraulic foot tipping crate, EEJ for bull/tup testing. We also have vets who are trained to carry out PMs at the local SRUC facility.
- Equine – Repro/Tendon scanner, portable x-ray, power float for dentals.
- Small animal – CR x-ray, ultrasound, dental x-ray with table-side processor, in-house blood machines, range of ortho equipment including TPLO kit.
Even though the pace of life is more laid back in the north of Scotland there is still plenty to enjoy in your free time. There are numerous sporting clubs, fitness facilities and outdoor activities available in the area. For the more relaxed among us, there are beautiful beaches to walk the dog on, the northern lights, a variety of wildlife, as well as excellent cafes/restaurants.
The starting salary package for a new graduate is £35,745 with a generous pay rise structure in place. 29 days holiday each year. GDP supported and for CPD we encourage new graduates to enroll on the excellent XLVets New Graduate Development Programme (www.xlvets.co.uk/graduate-development). Usual subscriptions paid. Accommodation and a vehicle can be provided. You are more than welcome to discuss the role with one of our more recently qualified assistants.
- Phone – 01955 602088 and ask to speak to Pete Cameron or Iain Maclean.
- E-mail – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org