Due to continued growth our fiercely independent, progressive, six centre mixed practice on the quiet western edge of the Lake District seeks a confident new graduate to join our friendly 27 vet team.
This is a full-time, permanent small animal role.
- We are in the luxurious position to be recruiting in addition to a full-team so we are happy to wait for the perfect candidate(s) and also have the time to spend with them.
- We are a proud XLVets practice and recent winners of XLVet's "Inspirational Teams"! Watch our entry video here: https://bit.ly/
- Our independence means there are opportunities for business ownership and we are committed to independent succession. The days of working your way up in practice to becoming a partner are not over.
- We have a busy and varied caseload of small animal medicine and surgery.
- The Lake District National Park is on our doorstep and presents a wealth of opportunities for walkers, horse-riders, kayakers, runners, mountaineers, climbers, paragliders, wild-swimmers and even skiers.
- 15 minute consults, in blocks, to allow plenty of breaks. You are actually allowed time to catch up or for a cup of tea!
- Excellent facilities including digital radiography, ultrasound and video endoscopy
- Learn from our certificate holders in surgery, exotics, imaging and cardiology.
- Accommodation 2 minutes from the practice can be provided if required
- 4.5 day week with the option to reduce to a 4 day week after 12 months
- Shared small animal only on call rota. Currently 1 weeknight in 10 and approx. 1 weekend in 5.
- CPD encouraged to further your own interests and funded to certificate level for a long term candidate.
- RCVS, VDS, BVA and one other professional membership fees paid
- We take mental health seriously and subscribe to an employee assistance programme.
- Attendance at the XL Vets Small Animal Graduate Development Programme
- We are an approved graduate development practice with currently 4 registered vetGDP mentors.
- We actively encourage mentorship and pay a bonus to our vetGDP mentors. We also have access to internal and external XLVets "Mentoring Matters" mentors.
- We have a generous salary package, well above the most recent SPVS survey, at £35,100.
Due to our large team, plenty of support, mentoring and varied caseload, we will make any new graduate a great vet.
To find out more about us, you can find our Vets Stay Go Diversify Company Profile and Interview the Boss here:
To apply or for an informal discussion please contact:
Gillian Jackson, Practice Manager, Millcroft Veterinary Group, Wakefield Road, Cockermouth, CA13 0HR,
by email firstname.lastname@example.org
by telephone: 01900 826666